Chemical Examiner's Laboratories- Thiruvananthapuram

 

The first Chemical Examiner’s Laboratory in Kerala started funtioning in Kerala in the year 1890 under the orders of Government as part of Health Department. Chemical Examiner’s Laboratory was brought under Home Deaprtment as an independent department from June 1969 vide GO (MS) 188/Home dated 13/06/1969 and continuing as such. Initially it was started as a single laboratory in Thiruvananthapuram. Now two Regional Laboratories were started in Ernakulam, and Kozhikode. The head quarters laboratory at Thiruvananthapuram has jurisdiction of 5 Southern Districts Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Kottayam Alappuzha and Pathanmthitta.